Celebrate St Andrews Day in Style
It’s St. Andrew’s Day this Sunday, and to celebrate Scotland’s national day we thought we would share a few facts about this special day with you:
- • St Andrew is also the patron saint of Romania, Greece and Russia
- • The town of St. Andrews was built around land where ancient stories say relics of St Andrew himself were kept
- • St Andrew’s Day is celebrated on 30th November as this was the day he was was executed by the Romans in 60 AD
- • In Barbados, St. Andrew’s Day is celebrated as the national day of independence
- • The first ever international football match took place on St. Andrew’s Day in Glasgow between Scotland and England. The match finished 0-0
- • Famous people to have been born on St. Andrew’s Day include Mark Twain (1835), Winston Churchill (1874), and Ridley Scott (1937)
Why not spend your St. Andrew’s Day as it should be spent, by celebrating in Edinburgh? Get in touch and we will make sure you arrive in time for the festivities.
Charter a private jet from London to Edinburgh from €4,600 return.
Aircraft charter from London to Moscow from €24,000 one way.